On February 24, 2018 community members, business owners, students, and politicians will rallying together for Coldest Night of the Year, an event marked to support the ‘hungry, homeless, and hurting’ across Canada. The St. Catharines event will benefit Start Me Up Niagara’s frontline work in the fight against poverty in our city. This year, Mayor Walter Sendzik and City Council have agreed to join the challenge to walk 2, 5 or 10km – and over 35 teams and over 150 walkers have signed up for the event. The goal is to raise $100,000 collectively.
The money raised will go directly to benefit programs and services – and help fix restrooms in need of repair. General Motors is returning as lead sponsor once again with a sponsorship of $5,000.
Coldest Night of the Year will take place in 120 communities across Canada.
- Event Details What? Coldest Night of the Year St. Catharines
- Who? Start Me Up Niagara
- Where? Market Square – 91 King Street, St. Catharines, ON
- When? Saturday, February 24, 2017 | 5 pm Opening Ceremony | 5:15 Walk Begins
- Why? To fundraise $100,000 to support the hungry, homeless, and hurting in St. Catharines
- How? Coldest Night of the Year is a national fundraiser happening in 120 communities across Canada organized by Blue Sky Philanthropy. Visit St.Catharines location on-line at: https://cnoy.org/location/stcatharines
Watch: video link Youtube video